Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

NUJABES, R.I.P

I was hoping I could save this post for finally finishing my finals (not including graduation campaign) and having our freedom!! (don't count in graduation campaign lol) but as I logged into MSN today, saw a friend's status saying that Nujabes had passed away.

my heart and creative soul cries for him.

photo by yosuke moriya. kamakura, summer 2009
taken from here

Nujabes, or real name Seba Jun (Nujabes was his real name spelled backward actually for those who doesn't know) died in a car accident in Tokyo, somewhere around February and was just announced yesterday, 18th March 2010. He was only 36 years old when the tragedy happened. He was a really private person person, so nobody really know he has died.
this Japanese hip-hop producer was the founder of Hydeout Productions, as well as the owner of two Tokyo record stores, Guinness Records and T Records. He also contributed songs for the anime Samurai Champloo, which is one of my all time favourite, which has a mixture of old samurai days plus hip hop.

Nujabes was (and still is) one of my favorite artist. I could listen to his songs for HOURS non stop. I honestly feel very sad. There will be no more songs composed by him in the future.

Rest in peace Nujabes. You will always be remembered by your fans, especially me, for your contribution to the music industry, and amazing songs. Eventhough I know that nobody can continue what you did like the way you do it, but lets just hope somebody will continue your legacy. Your music will always have a place in my heart and my iTunes playlist, and it sure will continue to live on. R.I.P.






4 comments:

  1. ryu : T_T there goes another talented being
    philiuzion : same here dude. i was very very shocked! and sad too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me bout it. The good ones always go early ;____; why lately so banyak like that one? Heath Ledger, Brittany Murphey, now Nujabes-sama T___T

    ReplyDelete